Date :10 October 2020
Like we have specialized doctors for every part of our body, dermatologists are the specialize doctor for skin, hair, hair scalp and nails. They identify and treat patients with problems like skin cancer, psoriasis, eczema and acne, etc. If you notice any change in your skin, you must consult your dermatologist for proper evaluation of the problem but while choosing your doctor you must also observe few things about them. Few of such points are mentioned below, just have a look:
1. There are about 30,000 problems related to skin, it’s important that your dermatologist asks you the proper set of questions and examines you well to know the real cause of the disease. They must know the whole history and your symptoms in detail.
2. Everything must be penned down properly, starting from the discussion about the symptoms to the medicines and treatments they recommend you. It’s important that they maintain a proper file and mention everything in it.
3. Any doctor can prescribe you the medicines very easily, the best dermatologist must also tell you the do’s and don’ts regarding your skin condition and must explain you the skin care routine for the improvement of your skin problem.
4. Dermatologists must discuss the real progress of your skin and must not give any false expectations regarding your treatments. They must always tell you the reality.
5. Look for a certified dermatologist, check whether they have gone through any special training regarding testing and treating the skin conditions.
6. Make sure that before taking any medications, you are evaluated well by your doctor. Manyskin problems are related to internal health problems like diabetes and thyroid, etc.
7. Attitude of the doctor towards you also matters a lot. They must listen to you carefully and must be sure about your skin problem before prescribing any medication.
8. Your doctor must be patient enough to listen you out, they must not hurry to reach to any conclusions without testing you properly.
9. While treating you, they must make you feel comfortable so that you can openly discuss your problems with them.
10. They must explain you the whole treatment procedure, their side effects (if any) and benefits before starting it on you.
11. They must not make you feel embarrassed about your problem.
12. They must never ignore any new emerging symptom.
13. Good dermatologists will ask you about your skin care routine and the products that you apply on your skin. They must have proper knowledge about all the ingredients used in that products and their effects on the skin, then only they would be able to find out the real cause of the problem.
14. Now a days with the help of internet facility, you can find out about anyone. Try to know your doctor, this will help you in trusting them.
15. Look at the reviews and comments given at their social handles by their past clients. Look for their past client pictures and their treatment stories.