Date :21 June 2016
1. A wide-toothed comb should ideally be used to gently detangle the hair and then the regular fine-toothed comb may be used to style the hair as per one’s need. This will reduce the risk of hair breakage and hair fall while combing.
2. It is best not to comb the hair while it is wet as this leads to greater chances of hair breakage and fall. Let it be dry or semi-dry before combing.
3. Do not rub your hair vigorously with the towel. This will only lead to unwanted hair breakage. Use the towel instead to gently soak out the excess moisture.
4. Clean your combs every week. If you look closely, you will see that combs become dirty over time; so they need to be cleaned with a brush, soap and water as using a dirty comb continuously can lead to hair fall as well. You can do this easily while taking a bath or shampooing each week. This is a necessary precaution to take for hair fall control.
5. Hot oil treatment is one of the best answers to address the problem of hair fall. The tradition of oiling the hair to enhance and retain its natural beauty hails from ancient India. Instead of opting for an expensive parlor treatment, it is best to use natural products that are safe, produce no side effects and are also effective.
Natural oils such as coconut, olive, canola, jojoba, sesame, etc. can be used to massage the scalp for countering hair fall and encouraging new hair growth. You have to warm the oil of your choice by heating it. Ensure that it’s not too hot but bearable. Gently massage your scalp using your fingers or a cotton ball. Next, wear a shower cap, leave it on for about 1 hour and rinse off using a mild shampoo.
6. Try to switch to shampoos that are sulfate, silicone and parabens-free to avoid loading the scalp and hair with harsh chemicals that damage the hair, making it brittle and more prone to breakage. Controlling the chemical damage is certainly a sure shot way to ensure hair loss prevention.
7. Wash your hair at least every 3 days with a gentle hair cleanser or shampoo to remove all the accumulated dust, dirt, oil and bacterial build up. Keep it clean at all times to avoid hair fall due to an unclean scalp and infections. This is a necessary step to follow as an answer to how to prevent hair fall.